Monday 28 January 2013

Yoga pants test phase

Testing Day for my new Hand stitched Yoga pants

When I did my training as a graphic designer I remember finding myself criticizing the to my opinion wrong spacing on shampoo and soap packaging or whatever was there in the bathroom while I was washing my hair. 

For my Birthday I got a voucher for Liverpool One, which is a popular shopping corner in the center of Liverpool. And again I was looking at seams and shapes . . . .


It has been now over a year that I am 'off high-street' and wearing handmade. I am far away from having a whole wardrobe stitched by hand but I am getting there, slowly.

So the next project are these Hand stitched Yoga pants. I designed already classic leggings which are very comfortable but I wanted to top it with a band made of the same fabric as the pants instead of an elastic band. The reason for this is it is soooooooooo comfortable and gentle around the waist. I call them pants because they are not as tight as leggings but still have a snug fit. The eye-catching cross stitching transforms this rather simple design into some very nice Hand stitched Yoga pants.

Today is the test phase for the cut and so far no pulling and adjusting and only comfort . . . .
Soon to be tested in an Organic jersey made of bamboo, cotton and elasthene. Really looking forward to that!


No comments:

Post a Comment